[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

How to add CA's certificate to Navigator

 Here is a problem for your help:
       Now I have a secure HTTPD server which support SSL,But I havn't a
 certificate signed by a CA hardcoded in Netscape Navigator 2.01and 3.0b.So
I generate a certifacte for myself and then use this certificate as a CA to
sign server site certificates for secure servers in my Intranet.But now I
face a serious problem: I can't add my CA certificate to Navigator.When the
Navigator connects to secure http server it pops up a dialog box saying it
doesn't reconginize CA which signed the server site certificate.Though I can
communicate with this  server,it IS NOT SECURE because the server's
certificate doesn't verified by my CA.Can you tell me how to add a CA's
certificate to Netscape?
                        Thank you for your help!!

      CMTAN,11/8/1996